2021 Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 boasts a towing capacity of up to 13,300 pounds, ample power for even the hardest worker. You’ll also enjoy the Silverado 1500 payload of 2,280 pounds ensuring that your truck keeps laboring as hard as you do. The secret is in the super-strength hydrofoam boxed steel frame, and a lot of towing features up the Silverado’s sleeve. But the Silverado 1500 performance doesn’t come with bulk; this truck remains among the most powerful light-duty options that Evergreen drivers can buy. Let’s unpack the Silverado 1500 payload and towing capacity today!
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and strength shine through five available high-powered engines:
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: The V6 Turbo-Diesel powertrain offers a towing capacity of up to 9,500 pounds, and the 460 lb-ft of torque and 260 hp will power you through anywhere in Brewton.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: The 6.2L V8 engine carries a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds on the RST trim level. This V8 engine also boasts of 460 lb-ft of torque and 420 hp.
- 5.3L V8 Engine (including Direct Fuel Management): The 5.3L V8 engine has a maximum towing capacity of 11,500 pounds and provides 383 lb-ft of torque and 355 hp.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: The 2.7L Turbo engine offers a towing capacity of 9,500 pounds in addition to 310 hp, 348 lb-ft of torque, and increased efficiency.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: The 4.3L V6 engine (the standard Silverado 1500 engine) facilitates a maximum towing capacity of 7,900 pounds, 285 hp, and 305 lb-ft of torque.
In need of tow mirrors for your Silverado? Curious about other package options? The Chevy Silverado 1500 is a powerhouse by nature and offers a suite of perks for those who need just a little more:
- Standard Trailering Package: The Chevy Silverado 1500 Trailering Package offers a 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, a trailering hitch platform, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness (includes a 7-way sealed connector).
- Available Tow Mirrors: The Silverado carries the option to add extended view towing mirrors to make towing safer around Brewton.
- Available Max Trailering Package: On select trims, the Max Trailering Package includes the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, and much more.
Experience the Chevy Silverado 1500 at Lee Motor Company
More from Lee Motor Company
The Chevy Silverado has a reputation for being a tough pickup with performance that outpaces many of its competitors. That’s why you see it on so many Lee Motor Company job sites. But is the Chevy Silverado towing capacity enough for the serious towing you need to do? Well, the 2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity…
When browsing through our new vehicle inventory, you might find the 2022 Chevrolet Trax to be a compelling choice. It features a small exterior footprint that’s perfect for finding the right Evergreen parking space. But, with such a compact exterior does the new Chevy Trax interior fall short? Fortunately, it doesn’t! You’ll find plenty of…
Many Evergreen families know to turn to the Chevrolet lineup of new vehicles for something technologically advanced and budget-friendly. However, if you need maximum seating space and a cavernous cargo area, you’ll want to check out the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe. The new Chevy Tahoe interior provides plenty of room in the passenger and cargo compartment….