How to Select the Right Pre-Owned Truck
Buying a used truck can be extremely advantageous. Not only will you save money on the purchase price of your car, you’ll also save money when it comes to your car insurance and registration fees. Plus, you’ll get your pick of quality pre-owned trucks at affordable prices from top automakers like Ford and Chevy when you shop at the dealership.
With so many choices, finding that preowned truck can prove to be a challenge. Here are some things you should consider to find the right pre-owned truck.
- Main:(251) 575-3200
- Sales:(251) 575-3200
- Service:(251) 575-3200
- Parts:(251) 575-3200
- Mon - Fri8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sat9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Why to Buy a Used Truck vs. a New Truck
If you’re already in the market for a preowned truck, you already know all of the benefits of buying a used truck vs. a new truck. However, if you’re still on the fence, here are just a few reasons to buy a used truck over a new one:
- Depreciation: Over the years, trucks are lasting longer and longer, however, many trucks lose their value early in their lifespan. The law of depreciation remains one of the top reasons to consider buying a used truck.
- Get More Bang for your Buck: When shopping for a used truck vs. a new truck on a budget, you’re going to get more truck for your money. For example, if you are shopping for a new truck, you might only be able to afford a base trim or entry level truck. If you are shopping for a pre-owned vehicle, you may be able to afford something with more features.
- Variety: With so many preowned trucks on the market, you’ll have lots of options, so you can find the very best truck that meets your needs with ease.
- Lower Fees: Some of the perks of buying a preowned truck include lower insurance costs (because of a lower purchase price!) and cheaper registration fees!
Things to Consider When Buying a Pre-Owned Truck
When shopping for a preowned truck, it’s important to do your research. While it’s always a good idea to figure out your budget, we also recommend researching preowned trucks in your area to get an idea of pricing.
If you are looking for a truck that’s less than 5 years old, you might want to consider a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. CPO vehicles come with long-term warranties that are backed by the carmakers, so you can drive with an extra bit of confidence. CPO vehicles also undergo extensive multi-point inspections at the dealership. Regardless if you choose a CPO vehicle or a non-CPO vehicle, it’s important to check the truck’s history. A vehicle history report can reveal important information about the truck, including whether the odometer has been rolled back or if it has a salvage title. While buying a used truck was once considered risky, vehicle history reports like CARFAX have made it less dicey, so you won’t have to take any chances.
Find the Right Pre-Owned Truck at Lee Motor Company in Atmore, AL
Buying a used truck is a great option for those on a budget or looking to get more bang for their buck. With CarFax vehicle history reports, buying a used truck doesn’t have to be risky -- it’s a smart investment. Lee Motor Company has the largest inventory of pre-owned trucks near Atmore, Evergreen, Brewton, and the surrounding areas. You can shop our extensive inventory online and sort by price, make, model, and more, to find the right pre-owned truck from the comfort of your home. Shop online, then visit us for a test drive!